The origins of CCS began in 1966, when it started out as a small family cleaning business, believing in personal service, attention to detail and providing a comprehensive end-to-end product. Such commitment resonated with a growing list of customers and today, little has changed. The only thing that has changed is the scale of their business: CCS now employs over 2,500 people and delivers best-in-class contract cleaning services to customers across seven European countries.
The company is still a family run business with a hands-on approach. Their depth of knowledge, commitment and passion to do the best job, every time, ensures that CCS go above and beyond industry expectations. Their customers trust CCS to provide a bespoke service designed specifically around their needs, embracing technology and innovation as well as industry standards and eco-friendly solutions.
We were challenged with a number of brand strategy and design objectives:
1. To strategically position CCS around its core focus.
2. To include the brand’s new positioning message within the brand identity design.
3. Advise, manage and implement a number of strategic brand initiatives to win new business in specific markets.
Brand Research & Insights
The following insights extracted from client research informed the development of the brand strategy:
- Clients value the high standard of the cleanliness CCS delivers.
- CCS haven’t diversified/lost their business’s core focus since the beginning.
- The business closely aligns itself with their clients to deliver the best customer service specific to their environments.
- Their company’s diverse industry experience means they understand their client specific requirements within different sectors.
- CCS staff go above and beyond what is expected of them.
Client research demonstrated that CCS are known as friendly, contactable cleaning specialists, who don’t just run their business from the boardroom. From the managing director down, all stakeholders roll up their sleeves and are side by side with staff on the ground.
CCS are a trusted partner of their clients’ organisations, going above and beyond what’s expected of them to ensure that everything is clean and compliant. It was quite evident that in contrast to large multi-service facilities management companies, cleaning is at the very core of CCS, therefore this needed to be reflected in their brand’s positioning message:
Cleaning to the Core
‘Cleaning to the core’ now sits with the CCS brand identity to position the business around its core focus:
Branding Solutions Delivered
- Client interviews
- Strategic brand workshop
- Customer segmentation & profiling
- Market research & analysis
- Brand positioning
- Strategic brand initiatives
- Brand identity refresh
- Brand identity guidelines
- Website design advisory
- Printed collateral
- Key messaging
- Presentation templates
- Marketing coaching